Hello

martin9428

Good morning all and thank you for allowing me to join your group. I am originally from MA/RI but moved to VA in 2001. I am a disabled vet. and veteran of 22 years in the Armed Forces. Spent 1 yr. in Iraq and was medically retired in 2014. In 2016 I got my first kayak. It was a 12'6' Tarpon 120 which I used for rivers, lakes and inshore. A few days ago, I did a direct trade with someone who was looking for a recreational kayak. I was also looking for a lighter touring kayak and ended up with a WS Cape Horn 150. Though the kayak is new to me, I am not completely new to sea kayaking as I have done two, six day sea kayaking expeditions in the San Juan Island off the coast of Washington State. In 2020, I am doing a 45 day expedition in Alaska.

I will be vacationing from 10/8-10/20 in Humarock, Ma. which is on a peninsula between Boston and Cape Cod and would love to meet some people to kayak with in the area. Not sure of the dates I will be available as I will also be Diving, visiting friends and family and doing some day trip to see the foliage and other areas of N.E. but, sure I can at least free up one or two days when my wife and granddaughter are visiting art museums. My phone # should be in my profile which I just filled out so, please feel free to give me a call.   

00404_jXCo3U4zhB8_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_iuYArzqcYQS_1200x900.jpg

Hey man, you might want to post this on wtpaddlers.org as well, as they're a south shore group, and many members are located in the Marshfield area. If you can track down Doug on that board, he may be able to give you pointers on Alaska, as he's been paddling/guiding up there summers for 20 years or so.