2017 Solstice Paddle

cfolster

The 2017 Solstice Paddle did not disappoint:

Beautiful weather - sunny, high 70s

Calm Seas - 1 to 2 feet at ~ 9 seconds

Great People - 20 NSPNers ready to paddle and enjoy the day

Amazing Food - As always, folks outdid themselves with delicious dishes - even had hot of the grill hot dogs!

Deals on Gear - a few people brought gear to sell and excellent deals were scored on new and lightly used gear.

Three Trips:

1. Paddle to Salem Willows for Lunch - 12 embarked on this journey and I've never seen a group of paddlers stay together as well as this group.  Our crossings across a VERY busy Sound were so beautifully lined up.  Great food and shaded benches made for a relaxing lunch.
  2. Paddle to Baker and Miseries - this group looking for more mileage headed out to the beautiful islands of the sound.  Hoping one of the participants will chime in with details or pics.
  3. Paddle South along the coast - this group looking for some lump and rock fun headed south along the coast to see what they could find.  Also hoping someone will chime in with tales of their adventures.

Sorry no pics - we are working to fix the site so pics can again be uploaded.

Wish I coulda been there.  I'm working on the very challenging skill of paddling in two different places at the same time.  Alas, it is still a work in progress, and so on the Solstice I found myself in Maine not Marblehead.

Your day sounds lovely!

Prudence