New Hampshire salt water practice sessions!

Jeff Charette

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five of us had a great practice session, followed by a short ocean paddle, last night at Odiorne. The weather cleared and the water temp is warming up. Thanks to all who came out to play. Next NH practice session is Tuesday, 8/1. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll  be there, will arrive 5:00 or after so I'll catch up to the rest of you. 

Will be stopping at Street on the way home (Islington st., not far from Odiorne)  for Singapore Salad, shrimp  tacos or felafel if anyone would like to join.   

• 2 weeks later...

The Odiorne practice session is on again for this Tuesday, 8/15. The weather looks good. HT is 5:36pm. 

I will not be able to attend this week due to another commitment.  This is a great area for practice and past session have always had a good turnout so I hope others will still attend this week.  

if theres a  70% chance of  Thunderstorms 5-7, I will probably not attend as I have a long drive to Odiorne and would be leaving work early. If @ 3-3:30 PM, theres a favorable weather report , I 'll come.    

I still plan to attend.  As of 9:30am, the NWS point forecast is very good with only a slight chance of showers before noon:

Today S wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers before noon. Seas around 2 ft.

Tonight S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Areas of dense fog after 2am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

I suspect the forecast might be different inland.

Edited by billvoss

• 2 weeks later...

Another NH practice session coming up on Tuesday, 8/29. HT 5:43pm, weather looks good. As usual I plan to be at Odiorne by 4:30, and on the water by 5:00. For those who want to attend but cannot make it for a 5:00 launch, just paddle out into Little Harbor and look for the group of kayaks. I'll also monitor VHF channel 72 just in case we wander off a bit.