Partner on P&H Light Grey Gelcoat purchase

I want to repair a crunched-up spot on the hull of my relatively new Cetus MV from an... er... mistake on the most recent MDI retreat.  I'm pretty sure it will not be the last such rock-garden miscalculation that this boat endures due to its inexperienced owner :-)

So I'm interested in buying the correct matching gelcoat (Light Grey hull) from P&H's supplier and I have the contact info, but apparently they only sell in quart quantities at $125 a pop. Hmmm. $$$, albeit for a mega quantity of product. Maybe worth it, but: is anyone else out there with a light gray P&H hull interested in going in on this purchase with me? Please PM me back if so.

(I realize I could just try color-matching some lower-cost stock gelcoat myself, and it might well come to that.)

Thanks!

...Joe

Joe, 
I'd be game for going in on  some P&H light grey gel coat: I don't think I'd like to pay $65 for ha;f a quart , but maybe half that (ie. 1/4 of the  product) so if you can find one or two others, I'm in. I can testify that using the exact P&H color (rather than hand mixing)  for gel coat repairs results in a great final product. 
Peter 

Sounds like we have something going on, then!

I will call the gelcoat company and get this going, and let you know the details. I'll just order the quart and split it up when I get it.

Peter, you can go in for either 1/4 or 1/3 and I'm good either way  - I am happy to pick up the slack if you want less. But I think thirds are easier since there are 3 of us :-)

...Joe

Have you talked with John to see if some could be included with the next container of boats that's shipped over?   It might save on the shipping and bring the costs to be more reasonable?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... I didn't talk to John, and that would have been a good idea. However it was in fact P&H themselves who said that they couldn't supply any gelcoat and that I had to go through their supplier.

Either way it's a moot point now: I've ordered the gelcoat already from the supplier, and it should arrive next week. The shipping is minimal and once we split it up 3 or 4 ways it's not too expensive. Those tiny gelcoat kits where you do your own color matching aren't that cheap either, actually.

...Joe

• 3 months later...