Mini Cell Foam

SeaKayakNE

Yesterday I decided to take block of foam I had for the roof rack and put it in front of a block of 3 inch mini cell I ordered online.  Surprisingly the foam roof block is supper comfortable the Engels feels great on my ankles and because it's v'd it gives me plenty of room to stretch.

I don't think you commonly find more than 3" thick foam, though I know that's cut down from bigger buns.  If you need thicker, you can always resort to glueing blocks together with contact cement.   Being a very short legged person, my 3" ethafoam is backed up by several inches of 1" pink house insulating foam board.  Kinda nice if you want someone else to try your boat as its early adjusted by pulling out the 1" blocks.

best

Phil

46 minutes ago, Phil Allen said:

Kinda nice if you want someone else to try your boat as its easily adjusted by pulling out the 1" blocks.

Also good for adjusting between summer paddling (less clothing bulk) and winter paddling (more clothing bulk) if you are into that kind of thing.