This session is part of a series where NSPN members can learn and cooperatively practice paddling skills in a saltwater environment. There is no skill level requirement, you just need a safe boat and basic gear:
- closed-deck sea kayak suitable for coastal paddling, with sealed bulkheads or float bags, and grab lines along the perimeter
- dress for immersion and spray skirt
- lunch, snacks and fluid
- a desire to have fun, learn and share!
Location: Riverhead Beach, Marblehead. https://goo.gl/maps/fgbGt3piMjoHVQJb6
Registration: Please fill out this form to get your details on the float plan: https://forms.gle/1yUszrjAxDrnw9o79
- Forward and Reverse Strokes: Making your boat move is easy, but doing it efficiently is a bigger challenge. Get the most movement from the least effort.
- Rescues: Help get ourselves back into boats when on the water. Note: assisted rescue practice may be limited due to Covid-19.