There's a Place for Us - NTSK Camping Muscongus Bay 7/13-14/13

prudenceb

Will someone please elucidate me: who or what is NTSK? And what is NTSKC? And NTSKS? I really don't have a clue what group is being discussed here -- is it part of NSPN?

Sir Christopher:

I believe you have misused the verb "elucidate" in its transitive form. The object of "elucidate" in that form is the statement, concept, point, text, etc. to be clarified, not the person for whom it is to be clarified. See, for example...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/elucidate

I suspect the word you wanted was "enlighten", whose object is a person to be enlightened on a point. Or perhaps you intended "elucidate for me", the intransitive form.

I take the trouble to enlighten you only because you yourself have been rather dogged in elucidating such points of English usage for people who make mistakes, so I'm confident you will particularly appreciate being enlightened, and will not take me to task for pedantry.

Regards. --Sergeant David of the Grammar Police.

As a trip participant I can vouch for the great conditions and companionship. Warren and Pru did a great job. The pre-trip materials were just right. It was enough to know what questions to ask and to generate the on-line conversations that would fill in the gaps. Conversations during the trip added much to my camping knowledge. The one night format is just right for a "new to" type trip. it simplifies the planning and reduces the pressure or concern about having everything "perfect". So it won't interfere with the fun.

The terrific trip report and following discussion is an extra learning bonus.

See you all on the Water

Pablo

• 3 weeks later...

A follow-up to this trip, I returned to this area the 1st weekend of Aug with my sister and her family, it was the perfect trip! We had a blast, and I really appreciated all the planning done by you both Pru and Warren, it made planning a return visit almost effortless. We did a much abbreviated version, camping for 2 nights on Crow (no jerk this time!) and making short excursions from there. Many thanks again to both of you for introducing me to this lovely place.

Beth

Glad you got back there and experienced the best of what Crow has to offer! (And I hope you saved room for others if they happened to show up!)

pru

Yes, we did share the island with another group, we had one site and they had the other; plenty of room for everyone!