Squam Lake in the Rain on Oct. 1st, 2011

chetpk

Nice pictures and nice company as well !

I see the very photogenic bird is a Plover (not a solitary sandpiper...should have put my glasses on...)

Thank you Doug and Scott for the great pictures! Squam Lake is one of those beautiful places that everyone should paddle. Even though the weather looked gloomy from the photos, I never felt that way out on the water. Perhaps that was due to the location or perhaps due to the great group of paddlers. Doug, thank you for organizing a great trip!

Warren

Almost dryed out!! Thanks for a good day with good people.

g. :campfire-2:

Glen ... We blew it, we should have just thrown some of that nice split oak into our hatches and had a nice warm campfire on the island at lunch time :th_thCampingSmiley: .

Hard to believe a day wandering about in the rain with clouds obscuring distant views could be enjoyable, but it was on many levels. A "thank you" to Doug for posting and a "thank you" to all for making the paddle enjoyable, interesting, and fun. The pictures capture the mood and scene very well indeed.

Ed Lawson

I am so jealous that I did not do this trip. I woke up to rain pounding on my roof so I called Doug to cancel. He told me there was little or no rain where he was so I got my boat on the car and off I drove to Squam. Unfortunately, Somerville was having the Honk Festival with a road race that blocked my neighborhood's streets. I drove down my street only to be blocked for half an hour which would delay my arrival at Squam until 11- I was trapped like a rat.

Next time......

Les

I am so jealous that I did not do this trip. I woke up to rain pounding on my roof so I called Doug to cancel. He told me there was little or no rain where he was so I got my boat on the car and off I drove to Squam. Unfortunately, Somerville was having the Honk Festival with a road race that blocked my neighborhood's streets. I drove down my street only to be blocked for half an hour which would delay my arrival at Squam until 11- I was trapped like a rat.

Next time......

Les

I think I agree about photo# 43.

The "rain or shine" posting was a good call:

"If you don't go,

you won't know"

Great photos etc. Thanks for posting.