Does anyone know the Walden Pond water temperature?

glad

I am starting an open water, coached swim course in 10 days and am wondering if I will be able to stay in the water with my wetsuit.

Thanks!

Karen

Sunday afternoon several swimmers were in wetsuits and at least a couple were only wearing bathing suits. I'd guess the water is in the low 60s. It would depend on how thick your suit is and how long you'll be standing in the water.

Ralph

Sunday afternoon several swimmers were in wetsuits and at least a couple were only wearing bathing suits. I'd guess the water is in the low 60s. It would depend on how thick your suit is and how long you'll be standing in the water.

Ralph

Someone had a little white board near the boat ramp and down near the lagoon announcing the current water temperature. Have you seen that this year?

Someone had a little white board near the boat ramp and down near the lagoon announcing the current water temperature. Have you seen that this year?

They have not posted any temperatures this year.

Ralph

Thanks everybody.

Those guys that swim without wet suits this time of year are made of different protoplasm than me.

Below 65 degreees I lose sensation in my pinkies, so I figure it's not yet time to go in or in October, it's time to get out.