2017 Pool Sessions

rfolster

Pool sessions at the Haverhill High School for the upcoming winter season are now available for purchase in the Store.  These pool sessions are offered as a benefit to being a paid member of NSPN, and therefore are only available to active members. If you are experiencing any issues with your membership, please email Membership@NSPN.org and we will work as quickly as possible to resolve it.

Each pool session will cost $25, plus the ACA Event Fee if necessary.  The Saturday sessions will be between 1:00pm-3:00pm, and the Sunday sessions will be 11:00am-1:30pm.  The dates for the sessions are as follows:
     Saturday, January 7th
     Sunday, January 22nd
     Sunday, February 12th
     Sunday, February 19th
     Sunday, February 26th
     Saturday, March 4th
     Sunday, March 12th
     Sunday, April 2nd
     Sunday, April 9th

As in years past, we are required to have club insurance in order to use the pool facilities, so we are using the ACA club insurance program again. You will need to download the ACA Adult Liability Waiver form here, or in the Downloads section of the message board and print one for EACH pool session you will attend. You will not be allowed to participate in a pool session if you do not complete a Liability Waiver form for that session.

On a final note, due to a number of factors, pool sessions can only be purchased using PayPal, not by check as has been done in past years.
For those of you that do not have a PayPal account, you can do a one-time transaction through PayPal using a credit card without creating a PayPal account if you don't want to, or create an account instantly if you so choose. It is very easy to do, but if you have trouble, email Membership@NSPN.org or Private Message me and I will help you out.

Please follow these instructions for pool session purchases:

• Click on this link to go to the list of pool session dates (or access them through the Store link under the blue top banner on the message board)
  • Choose the pool session date that you want to attend and click Add To Cart
  • If you are not an ACA member, you must Add To Cart the $5 event fee, otherwise Add To Cart the ACA Active Member
  • In the next window, dont worry about the Associate This Package option and just click Add To Cart again
  • If you would like to add another pool session, click on Continue Shopping, otherwise skip to Step #8
  • Select Pool Sessions from the Product Categories list on the left
  • Repeat steps #2-#4 for each pool session you want to add
  • When you are ready to pay for your selections, click Checkout and then Confirm My Order. You will be taken to PayPal to pay for your order.

If you are unable to attend a pool session after purchase, we cannot issue any refunds unless the pool facility closes due to inclement weather or other reasons. If you would like to let someone else purchase the session from you, you must make those arrangements on your own. They must bring their own ACA Liability Release form, and pay the $5 Event Fee if required. 

All pool sessions are offered in partnership with the ACA and are ACA sanctioned events.

• 1 month later...

I just realized that the sessions in the store were showing 2016, but I have changed them to now read 2017.  The days were correct for 2017, just the wrong year indicated, so nothing else has changed.  Sorry for any confusion!

Update:

Saturday, January 7th (1:00pm-3:00pm) - Sold Out
Sunday, January 22nd (11:00am-1:30pm) - 5 spots left
Sunday, February 12th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 6 spots left
Sunday, February 19th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 6 spots left
Sunday, February 26th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 6 spots left
Saturday, March 4th (1:00pm-3:00pm) - 4 spots left
Sunday, March 12th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 6 spots left
Sunday, April 2nd (11:00am-1:30pm) - 8 spots left
Sunday, April 9th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 8 spots left

• 1 month later...

It's winter in New England and there is always the possibility of a snowstorm. Haverhill HS will let us know by 9:00 AM if a pool session will be canceled due to inclement weather and we will post it here as soon as we hear. 

Thanks,

Janice

Today's pool session will be canceled due to the snowstorm. The HS relies on the town for plowing and will not be plowed until late so they have canceled today's (1/7/17) pool session. Individuals signed up for today's with be notified. It's New England!  

If you look at each pool session in the store, it will tell you how many slots are left "in stock".  Here is the breakdown of spaces left in each pool session:

1/22 - 2

2/12 - 5

2/19 - 4

2/26 - 4

3/4 - 2

3/12 - 4

4/2 - 7

4/9 - 8

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Sunday, February 12th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 1 spot left
Sunday, February 19th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 4 spots left
Sunday, February 26th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 4 spots left
Saturday, March 4th (1:00pm-3:00pm) - Sold Out!
Sunday, March 12th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 4 spots left
Sunday, April 2nd (11:00am-1:30pm) - 7 spots left
Sunday, April 9th (11:00am-1:30pm) - 8 spots left

Weather for this Sunday's session is looking messy with a snow/rain mix, but accumulation is looking minimal, so I don't expect it to be cancelled.  However, check this thread before heading out, as we will know by 9am if it will be cancelled and will post as soon as we know.  I will also try to PM all who are signed up if it is cancelled.

Well, it is winter in New England!  Due to tomorrow's impending snow storm, the pool session has been cancelled.  There are still plenty of opportunities for future sessions, so check you calendars and book some sessions.  See the beginning of this thread for purchasing instructions.

It is always disappointing to have it canceled. Haverhill is always apologetic but says they rely on the town plowing and consequently get plowed after the roads. The young life guard and also the building maintenance person also need to be there and they may not be as adventurous as ocean kayakers!  Haverhill is north of 495 and is in the 12-16" range for this snow storm. We did ask them for an early decision this time as some people travel far for the pool sessions. 

Janice

I have a pool-session slot for February 19 that I will be unable to use. If the session is sold out and you'd like to go, please PM me, or email at JMonroe365 at gmail.com    

My spot in the pool session on Saturday 3/4 is available.

978 270 1919

John Monroe 

• 3 weeks later...

This Sunday's session is now sold out. If anyone who has purchased a session knows that they cannot make it, please post so that someone else can take your spot. 

Still PLENTY of room for next weekend!