First full-moon of the season...

Pintail

What about a full-moon paddle on Friday 3rd July (a day or so after official full-moon, I think)

Any interest? Likely to be Lanes Cove, I daresay. Definitely laid-back and not too energetic (well, the season is young, isn't it?)

If the weather is fine, then this might be a good opportunity for anyone who has never paddled in darkness previously (and who fancies the idea, of course!)

what about seven pm -- 1900 launch?

hmm...hmm...(discreetly clearing throat)...Katherine: does that answer you adequately? Hello, hello? Do you read me? ;^)

Ssssh, everyone: I think someone got up too early this morning...let her sleep some more...

She is attempting to get her post count up, not much more until she will hit the 1K mark.

Goodness me, impatient twit that I can be at times....

I click "Post" nothing happens, I click again and again and again...

It's not my paddle, but I'd recommend headlamps at minimum and possibly a glow stick for the boat and the paddler. With the full moon we may not use them, but better to have them than not. Looking forward to it.

best

Phil

Lights, lights? What for? To see where you're going, Meneer Coons? Lord, how scary is <that>!

No, seriously, of course you should bring a headlamp for getting off the water; but, for general night-time paddling, I do not personally like their use: always people forget that, when addressing a paddler next to them and their headlamp is <on>, say, they shine the illumination straight into that person's eyes. So -- whilst paddling -- I do not like any lighting that is not discreet. Far better to have one's eyes well-adjusted to the dark.

However, that said, one <should> carry some identification for any encounter with boating traffic (we never <have>, previously) -- a headlamp is perfect for that, if waterproof -- and perhaps a light-stick or two, in case the group needs to keep track of folk (think emergency).

Ideally, and in my opinion, the group should be close enough that each paddler knows where his or her neighbor is.

Al, do you feel I have cast enough light on this subject, for now?

Moonrise is at 2107 that night: let's see if we can have a good evening on the water. I may not be <early> at Lanes Cove, but let's be prepared for a beach meeting at 1900, shall we?

This should be termed a Level 3 trip, for anyone's interest; but I think that we have all paddled together in the past, haven't we? Right?

I am guessing we may paddle roughly eight miles (statute), whether we go down to Rockport and back or whether we go and rollick (frolic?) along the shore of Coffin's Beach, etc.

Bring a snack: we shall stop somewhere en route (when the pleas become loud enough!) The emphasis will be on having a jaunty, gentle evening -- few are in great shape at this early stage of the season.

Edited by Pintail