Dried soups for kayak camping

prudenceb

Seems that folks were talking about soup at some point in the not too distant past, but I couldn't find it, so here goes (again?)...

Any advice on specific brands of dried soups, where you can get them, and what you can add to them that is ready-made and has some actual food value (protein or fiber....anything but more salt!). I'm starting to put together lunch meals for upcoming trip and it seems most of the stuff I've seen on store shelves that is dried is just broth, salt and little bits of this and that to float in the soup. I am looking for stuff that doesn't take up much room. Thanks for any advice!

pru

Pru,

My wife and I are starting a small company making dried food, I'd be happy to send you a sample of our Farro and Roasted Vegetable Soup. Making dried soup is actually pretty easy. If you have a dehydrator all you do is make a soup base, so make any soup but add just enough liquid to cook the vegetable. Then just spread it on the dehydrator trays.

Jonathan, I would love to sample your soup ... I don't have a dehydrator and frankly would like to just buy something readymade. Very slothful of me. Pls email me at prubax@aol.com and I will send you my mailing address. Thanks for the offer!

pru

Wow! Was not expecting such a response! Okay so heres the deal, I will email you all shortly to receive a proper mailing address. On Tuesday my wife and I will be making a batch of soup for you all to try. As stated in my previous message we are just starting out so we are not nescessarily a "business" more of a hobby for now. We will also ask for anyone who tries the product to email back a short questioner so we can further improve on our dehydrated foods. If anyone is interested we also have three bean chili and trail mix.

• 3 weeks later...