Wilderness First Aid Afloat for MITA Members

MITA is excited to be offering this course.

Wilderness First Aid Afloat for MITA Members

When

Sat Apr 11 Sun Apr 12, 2015, 8 am - 4 pm daily

Description

A SOLO Wilderness First Aid course with a water focus, open to MITA members only at a great discount - $145 for 2 days. First aid skills are crucial for all of your outdoor adventures! Instructor: Nancy Zane of Unity College and Castine Kayak Adventures. Location: Red Cross Building, 16 Community Way, Topsham, ME. Prior registration required: contact Nancy at nzane@unity.edu. More about SOLO: http://soloschools.com

WFAAfloat is geared specifically to the salt water environment I believe. I am signed up for this course as it is not offered that often from what I hear. The instructor is also second to none.

Doug

I'm also excited to see a WFA-Afloat offered. Has anyone heard back from the instructor? I've sent two emails and heard nothing.

Topsham is a 30-minute drive from some really great restaurants and beer bars in Portland, so I might try to stay or eat there.

I'm planning to stay in Maine for the night also, haven't figured out where yet, probably camping or a cheap motel, does anyone have any suggestions? If anyone wants to share a room/campsite I might be interested... and I like the dinner in Portland idea!

Edited by BethS